Saturday, August 6, 2016

Week #94, August 6, 2016

Hey Mom 
Im glad that you had a great time at girls camp. I had completely forgot that this week you and Abby and Sadie were going there. And your presentation!! Haha, I bet you were nervous. My week has come and gone by so fast! Im about to turn 20!!! Ha that is a weird feeling. I actually received the package yesterday! Im bad and opened all the presents already haha. The byu shirt is awesome! Im excited to give those pictures to elder Salvador as well. This week was great with him. We are really trying to save money as a mission and cut costs. Also we are inspecting the missionary houses it’s a great time haha. We went out to good ole san Antonio! And elder Salvador showed us a restaurant called juanita´s where the give you a gigantic plate of fried fish with French fries. I think if we all return to chile one day we will have to go back and eat there. A few days ago Sister Woodward asked us to bring a couple things from the office up to their house. So elder manning and I went and when we got there she surprised us with an American dinner! I haven’t eaten dinner in a very long time. It was so great. Being in there house made me feel like I was at home. And then when she was talking to us about things she reminded me a lot of you. I really miss you a lot mom!! I cannot wait to be with you again and do a lot of fun things together.
A new missionary showed up this week so we took him to his new house with his trainer. and this is where elder santos (my 2nd trainer) started his mission and i found a picture of Christ that he himself drew!! cool huh!

Also I would like to share with you what I studied this week that has really impacted me. I read a byu devotional given by lynn g robbins called Avoid it. It is fantastic. It was such an inspired message. He talked about how it is easier to avoid temptation than it is to resist it. And then he quoted President boyd k packer saying to never make the same mistake once. Before making the first mistake, you are fighting to avoid it, from the second decision on up, you’re fighting to resist it. I love this message. Everyone struggles with this so we should all get better at it. I think it would be a great idea to watch that devotional for family home evening mom :).
Lastly, I went to the doctor again yesterday because my toe wasn’t getting better still and then the man put a huge needle in my toe and started to tear it apart and took out a huge piece of toenail from below the skin. So officially NOW I am healed and it will get better! He even gave me the toenail as a souvenir! Haha I love you mom have a great week!:)))





Look at the new organization in our house! haha elder manning is a machine at cleaning and organizing im so thankful for him ahaha


To Clint:
thats a great story dad!! i love inspiring things like that. i miss you and the whole family a lot!! im loving my mission! here in a few weeks ill be leaving the office to go and preach the gospel 100% of the time. i cant wait! but i am very glad for everything i have learned in the office. im learning how to save money and make wise decisions and how to get along with people even when i am stressed and how to be patient and a true Christian. love you so much dad, youre a great example to me. 
oops i didnt wait for my birthday....... i loved the letters and stuff inside!! thank you so much mom! also to grandpa and grandma and denice!! see you all real soon! haha
also abby´s letter was so funny. im going to hang it up. and sadie i love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment