Dear Young Men of the Harvest Hills 8th ward, June 2015
Whattup! I'm writing this letter to give you some advice on how to prepare for your missions. First off, serving a mission is the best thing I have ever done in my life and I have never felt Christ's love stronger, or the power of the Atonement more than here in my mission. I encourage every single one of you if you haven't already, to make the decision today to serve a mission. It's something that is very sacred and very important. Something that will change your life. I believe that with everything I've got.
Some things that will help you to prepare now for your missions are the scriptures and Preach My Gospel. Every single morning. We study for 2 hours from there. I have grown to love the scriptures because there are so many things to learn every day! Before my mission, I never read the Book of Mormon, that's a big regret I have. I missed out on lots of blessings because of that. Also, another key thing to do to prepare yourself is personal prayer. Read in page 95 of PMG and do that activity. Personal prayer is so important because it's the way to get closer to our Heavenly Father. And it's absolutely true when it says in the scriptures that if you ask for anything just believing you will receive it, it will be given to you. And one last thing. If you don't have a strong testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ, work and strive as hard as you can t
o gain one. Because it's only through Him that this work can be successful and only with a testimony of Him that we can be happy and communicate His perfect message of the Restoration and His restored gospel.
The time to start preparing is NOW. I promise that if you put in the work and effort, things will work out and you will find happiness and receive gifts of the spirit that you never experienced. The mission is the best and I promise you, it will change your lives forever.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
-Elder Colton Fairbourn

No comments:
Post a Comment