Monday, May 18, 2015

Week #30, May 18, 2015 ~ Good bye, El Monte!



AHHHHH, I LEFT.  I left my home!  It was so weird to say bye to all the great people in El Monte.  I didn't cry though haha.  I had to give a talk... I hate talking in front of people haha. But yesterday was the best day ever.  Yes, we baptized Lukas!  He is such a great kid! He is 11.  His sister and mom got baptized from the sister missionaries in November and then the sector boundaries changed and so we started teaching him.  He says he is so excited to serve a mission like us!  It was sad, he cried when I left.  That does kind of suck.  I baptized him and then same day said bye to him.  But I'll see him again. Wow, the family Vera are my best friends ever.  We had such a good time last night.  Hno. Vera read us D&C 122:7-9 I'm pretty sure.  Where it talks about how all of our trials are for our good and Christ suffered it already.  It was really spiritual.   Then they gave me tons of recuerdos [souvenirs, keepsakes]!!  I have a mug with pics of me and Benjamin and then Victoria made me a mini me missionary!!  They are such a great family.  I love them.  Benja gave me his favorite tie.  I told them to come to our house after the mish and we would "receive them," hahaha.  [Mom insert.  Inside joke. When we talked to Colt on Mother's day, he forgot how to say, "welcome them into our home," and instead asked if we could 'receive them' when they come to visit.  He is forgetting his English! :)].  

Oh man, Andres is just the coolest guy I've ever met.  Yesterday in church, we were having a lesson and we read Enos when he talks about how his soul was hungry.  Me and Elder Santos watched Andres' face light up and he marked it and read it like 20 times.  He is such a good person with perfect intentions to always do what is right.  Man, he is so giving.  He gave me the coolest leather jacket so that I don't ever forget him.  Haha, he is the best.  Me and Elder Santos gave him a Book of Mormon with our combined testimony, pictures laminated of his baptism and the temple and also our own notes to him.  He loved it! I gave him my royal BYU shirt and my watch so he can take it on his mission! That was such a great day.

This past week I had the opportunity to go to the temple.  I felt so good in there.  I love, love, love the temple.  When I get home, I'm working there.  I felt so peaceful and so 'energized' while I was there.  Oh and I'm in ______. My comp is named Elder Decker.  He is such a happy person!  He is from Minnesota and the only thing I know about him right now is that he buys LOTS of skim milk every week because he loves it, hahah.  Oh and I'M IN A WHITE WASH so that will be so fun this change! [Both missionaries are new to the transferred area.]  Life is good.  I'm kind of sad I left Elder Santos. He was my best friend.  He gave me a lucky tie clip para que pueda bautizar caleta de gente!! haha [so you can baptize caleta people. huh?] and also some ties.  He is a great person.

Have a great week! I love you mom
love Colton

(Part of Colt's letter to Clint this week) 
"Dad, I loved the chance to talk to you!  I sure hope everything is going ok..... Hey watch the Mormon Message 'Fathers and Sons' and have Brady watch it too.  I sure love you dad.  You're my greatest example."


Romo family!

[Cheesy mom insert ---> There is nothing like sending your 18 yr old child you love with all your heart 5,700 miles away to a foreign land where he doesn't speak the first language or know anyone.  At the time, the thought of us not being able to call and check up on him every day, tell him that we love him or him be loved like we love him was so heartbreaking to see him leave for 2 years.  Over the past several months as Colt has been serving, we have gotten many pictures and personal messages from the great people of El Monte who have shared their LOVE towards Colt.  He looks well taken care of and has a real smile on his face.  We are so grateful for his new, second family in Chile!  We have such a great love for the people of Chile for loving our son the way they have.  The heartache of wondering if he is lacking love is no longer there.  We are soooooooo grateful!  There are many blessing that come with serving the Lord.] 



Sister Hilton, Sister Vincent, Benjamin, Colt and Elder Santos
El Monte missionaries!

LOVE that smile!

~Leather jacket from Andres~




Goodbye, El Monte!

No comments:

Post a Comment