Monday, May 11, 2015

Week #29, May 10th Mother's Day, & May 11, 2015

These pictures were sent to me (Colton's mom) by one of the members 
in Chile the night before Mother's day.  
They are taking such great care of the missionaries and making 
sure us families are able to stay connected!

Sister Romo says, ".....He's a great missionary and we 
really enjoy spending time with him.  
Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day."


Gracias, familia Romo! or is it Gracias, Romo familia!?


Mother's Day, 2015
"In honor of mothers day we wore pink ties!  and then took pictures hahaha. good day, good day"  
- Elder Fairbourn

 Thank you to the delivery angel who left this on my porch on 
Mother's day morning! A few of my favorite things....
Waiting for the Skype call

Elder Fairbourn & Elder Santos

Showing us their pink ties


Fan club and dear friends


Mother's Day 2015

(From, Mom....)
We had such a special Sunday on Mother's day!!!  Colt was able to call and Skype with us for a hour. He was all smiles and laughed lots!  We got to meet his companion he has had for 3 months, Elder Santos. Colt also spoke to each of us individually and gave advice and issued some challenges to us to work on.  He promised if we read from the Book of Mormon every day, we would be happy and we would receive answers to our prayers.  He talked about how we ALL have time to read from the scriptures and to read with real intent, not just to say we read the scriptures but to actually learn and understand them.  He sounded very confident, in a good way and said he was so content being where he was and doing what he is doing.  He also had a hard time speaking English and thinking how to say it.  He kept asking Clint in Spanish how to say something in English.  Love it!   He was also bold. He told Brady his checks were big.  He talked about how high school kids just don't even know what is important (He graduated 12 months ago).  7 1/2 more months until Christmas and until we can see and speak to him again!  Technology is such a blessing!


Monday, May 11, 2015,  From, Elder Fairbourn

I have no emails!!! [mom insert- in all fairness, Colt emailed us earlier than he ever has and just got off line by the time I wrote him, waah!]  hahaha no it's ok.  Last night was really fun.  Loved the chance to talk to all of you guys.  We are doing email earlier today because we are going to Pomaire
(close to Melipilla).  The whole zone is going.  It's going to be awesome because they sell empanadas that weigh 1 kilo!! That's two pounds and they have a lot of cool souvenirs.  We are now in the last week of my 4th change!!!  I can't believe how fast the weeks are going.  I'm probably leaving El Monte and Elder Santos.  That makes me sad.  But if it  happens, it's ok.  Things will be alright.

So me and E. Santos had the funniest idea.  We are going to print off pictures of us in our suits, really big and we are going to give them to a few families here and we are going to sign them, hahaha, It's so funny.

This past week, I've still been working a lot on the Book of Mormon.  I love what I'm reading! I love the BOM and also I found that folder that Alyse gave me with the conference talks and man they are outstanding!  I love reading conference talks, they make me so happy.  One that Elder Holland spoke, he says that someone a lot greater suffered for everything and for everyone.  And he talked about how our greatest calling is to teach everyone about the Atonement and with that all things were made possible  We should strive as much as we can to apply that in our lives.

Well, guys, I love you.  I'm so glad for that time to talk to everybody.  That was a lot of fun.  And before we know it, it's going to be Christmas time!  haha Have a great week and enjoy warm weather because I'm super jealous of that! :)
love, colton

No comments:

Post a Comment