Monday, April 20, 2015
Week #26, April 20, 2015 [6 months serving in Chile!]
Hey mama! Sounds like everything is going great. Today was so long! I had to go to Santiago to get my visa and my picture taken and all that. We woke up at 4:30 am and just barely got back! ha, it was terrible. But now it's all figured out. So remember how I said mate' (the hot Latin drink) is disgusting? Well, I've changed my mind, now I love it. It's so good. I'm going to be a matero [fond of drinking mate'] because my mate is soooo good.
We had a surprise interview with Presidente Barreiros on Tuesday last week. It was good to talk to him. I'm glad he is our mission president. Him and Hermana Barreiros are awesome. They also came to our church in El Monte yesterday with their 17 year old son, James. It was perfect timing because after lots of time trying to get a family to come to church, they finally came! And they got to listen to President and his wife. It was really cool.
Oh and yesterday, I didn't forget: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY! I can't believe you are 14 now! and almost in high school!! That is so crazy. Time passes so fast. I remember when I was that age and I just started school at Westlake, hahaha and now it's almost 5 years later! Crazinessss.
Yesterday, A___ was confirmed a member of the church! And also he received the priesthood later that day too. He was so happy and you can tell he is just so glad to be a part of our faith and a part of Christ's church. He is getting his temple recommend this Wednesday and we are going to take him to the temple this Saturday and show him the MTC there to get him more excited for his mission. It was a really good week.
........I'm doing great. I'm really happy. Hope you are doing really good. I love you so much mom! and we're going to talk real soon! Have a good week :)
love,
Colton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment