We had an awesome week. I'm still seeing miracles every day. It's amazing the things that the Lord can do. The scripture that says, "He will prepare the hearts of the child of men," is absolutely true. Our job is just to find those people and help them make sacred covenants with our God! I love it! Also Conference blew my mind. It was so so so amazing. How blessed we are to be able to hear the words of our prophet and his apostles. I learned so much, I could talk all day about what I learned, but I wrote down some things I want to tell you guys. The talk (<--click here) where the Elder talked about the dance steps of the gospel and hearing the music. That one was so cool. It's so true, we can't just go through the motions in life and in the church. We have to 'hear the music' or feel the spirit. Because when we have the spirit, everything is ok. Through all our trial and challenges, as long as we have the spirit, we are happy. Also, I loved the talk (<--click here) right before Elder Holland about the prodigal son. I think every one knows someone who has lost their way in life. Something he said was so powerful. We MUST love those that are not of our faith and especially those that have lost their way. Because if we don't do that, we aren't disciples of Christ and if we aren't disciples of Christ, who then do we serve? That was such a powerful lesson. We have to love everyone and also SHOW our love to those that are temporarily lose. Because they still need good examples so that one day they can make it back. Another thing I loved was, it does little good to chastise darkness. We can only replace that darkness with light. We need to 'give' that light to everyone. Mom, and our family, I thought about you guys a lot. Hope you're all doing really well!
love elder fairbournHey Dad, how are you! I'm doing so great, I'm staying in el monte! It is awesome, I'm so excited for the things we are going to do here. I absolutely LOVED conference, and I was looking for your head the whole time! haha something I loved that made me think of times when you told me that we need to bridle our passions. That principle is key in our lives. Because ALL of us have weaknesses. Also President Eyring said that the failure to live the
law of the fast is a SIN.....It's a good lesson that we need to obey all commandments, not just some and we do that because of our love for our God. Dad, I'm so blessed to be your son and to know what I know because of you. I love you dad. Can't wait to talk to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment