Monday, March 23, 2015

Week #22, 5 months

Hey!

Well, another week.  It's weird, time is passing by so fast!  I can't believe I'm almost done with this change!  I don't like it.  I wish time would go slower!  haha.  So this week I had the funniest bike fall ever.  I was riding next to the road on the dirt and just being funny.  There was a gap, like a ditch that I didn't see and right before I got there I saw it so I pressed my brakes really hard, but the back brake was messed up so only the front one worked.  And so I did like a front flip almost and I landed like a scorpion.  It was so funny.  Elder Santos said, "Wait!  Before you move I'm taking a picture!"  It's on our cell phone, hahahahaha.  We were laughing for like 10 minutes.  The other day we were in a house and a rat or mouse was in the ceiling moving around and then it peed on Elder Santos' pants!  That was pretty funny.
That is funny that xxxx wrote you!  She is so awesome!  Every time we enter her house she always has food for us.  She is very nice.  The whole family is awesome. She was telling me why she named her kids Benjamin and Victoria.  Benjamin because of King Benjamin (by the way, you should read Mosiah 1-5, it's really good) and I might have said that already, haha.  And Victoria because she almost wasn't going to live when she was born, but then she survived, so she named her 'Victory,' which is Victoria in Spanish.  They are really awesome.  We had a family home evening together last night with some other recent converts.
Well, this week we visited this woman that is inactive and it was good.  I felt the spirit and she nice.  But she said something that is interesting.  She said she knows she needs to go to church, but she is waiting until she feels like it.  Because right now she doesn't feel like waking up in the morning, but one day she will come back.  That's interesting, huh?  We told her that we can't wait until we feel like it because we don't know when Christ is going to come and we need to endure to the end.  That is a good lesson, we aren't going to progress in life it we only do things "when we feel like doing them."  It's like that scripture about the natural man.  We have to fight against that and do what God wants, not what we want.
So yeah, this was a good week.  Me and Elder Santos eat SO MANY Sopaipillas.  I don't know how to explain it.  It's like a scone but different.  And they are 150 pesos, super cheap. haha. I love it.  Well mom, sorry I don't have pictures, they won't load, it's ridiculous.  Have a really good week. I love you :).

Letter from a sister in El Monte to me last week (Tina):
hi sister , I'm sister xxxxx xxxx and i'm Benjamin´s mom, my son is the ward mission leader in the monte. My son always goes with elder Fairbourn and elder Santos to visit their investigators , they are great friends. And my family love your son and we care about him. Elder Fairbourn is happy in el monte and he is doing a lot better after his surgery. a huge hug from Chile

Throw back to 5 months ago.  We have all grown
so much since this day.  As much has we miss our missionary, 
we wouldn't want him anywhere else!

Thank you for the continued support, love and prayers!





No comments:

Post a Comment