Hey, hey,
so
the first 2 days [of a new companion that doesn't speak English] were so hard. I had to plan where to go and since Elder
Santos is new, I had to talk a lot more to people we know and basically just a
lot more responsibility. But we had an awesome week. Elder Santos is so fun! He
knows how to say some stuff in English and it’s so funny. We are having a lot
of fun and working hard. The zone's goal for contacts with people is 100 in a
week. It’s crazy! But we are working to have that this week. Ha ok, I have a
funny story. So we went to this house in our sector and the guy came out all
tense and wouldn't talk a lot, he said he was busy cooking, and then I asked, “oh,
what are you cooking?” and he said, “fish.” and then I just started talking
about fish and then the subject changed to playing the flute. I don’t know how. He showed us his flutes and
guitars and he changed completely, it was funny. Then he invited us to eat
lunch with us and we told him no we couldn't because we had lunch with a member
right now and then he just stared at us and different things for a minute and
he was mad. haha I was so confused but it was funny. Last night we had a lesson
with a family and we brought a member from the ward. It was so cool. He just
shared his experience with his conversion and how the gospel has blessed his
family. He shared Ether 12:4 and 41 about faith, because the dad (Alberto)
wants to know everything about everything, he needs faith. haha. We all do. But
yeah, we read that and it was so strong. The spirit was so strong.
4. Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.
41. And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever, Amen.
Book of Mormon, The Book of Ether Chapter 12
Another
lesson we had with an inactive people, the spirit was so strong there too. The
gift of tongues is real because during lessons I feel like I can speak so much
better. During that lesson I felt so strongly to say certain things, it was so
cool. Being a missionary is amazing and I love the experiences I get to have
with people.
So I haven’t bought my
insulin yet, and I’m not sure when I am going to. I still have another month I
think. Basically just when i need it and when Hermana Bertagna tells me to go,
haha. But yeah me and Elder Santos get along great! He teaches me Portuguese too.
Our week was great and I’m planning on having another good one!
Thank you for
your prayers, I need them. and I’m sorry I was going to send pics last week but
they were making the computer freeze up so I didn't have time and this
week. There isn’t a place to download
them. sorryyyy. I’m doing good, haha. Also I’m so so grateful for the time I
get in the morning to study the scriptures. I’m an idiot for not doing that
more before my mission. It’s something that ALL of us need every single day. Well
ok talk to you next week!:)

No comments:
Post a Comment