What a great week it has been. I can't believe I am on my second change already! and Elder Spinder is gone! I'm so sad, he was the best. I'll be honest, last night when we were praying I cried a little bit hahah. But really I'm so sad to not be with him anymore. But Elder Santos is a really cool guy. He is from Brazil, Curitba. He likes lunchando! (fighting!) hahah I've been with him for a few hours now and I actually know more Spanish than I thought I did! So that's good.
This past week was so great. My testimony is always growing. Something I learned that I really liked was, "if we do not consciously form good habits, we all unconsciously form bad ones." I love that. We should always be progressing and improving and self evaluating ourselves with work, family, testimony, everything and always have a good attitude. That is so important. I realize how much I need the sacrament and how much I need the Atonement. People hear it all the time but I don't think we really understand how amazing it is that with Jesus Christ; we can overcome and accomplish anything. Elder Spinder told me that my Spanish is improving a lot this past week. I have felt the spirit so strong this week I can't describe it. I just know that Heavenly Father is completely aware of everyone of us and feeling the love he has for me is the greatest feeling.
So we found out on Saturday that Elder Spinder had changes. We were so mad we just went to bed and didn't talk the rest of the night. It was horrible. The next morning I woke up super happy and then remembered that he was leaving. It was so hard! But I'm ok now. I just need to put my trust in God, and that sounds cliche' but it's that simple.
At the doctor this week he told me my blood [sugar] is very healthy and my a1c [average blood sugar for 3 months] is a 7.1! [= excellent care!!] I'm so happy right now, I am just so grateful for everything. I'm grateful to be here and I'm grateful to be a representative of my Savior. I had divisions [splits] last week with Elder Goates. He is from Olympus High School from 2013. He's awesome. He motivated me a lot and told me 3 things to have a successful mission. First, enjoy your mission. Second, work hard. And third, enjoy working hard. I have been trying to do all 3 of those things and to always have the spirit. There are so many tools that Satan uses to distract and discourage us, but only if we let it. This change I am going to learn so much Spanish because Elder Santos doesn't even speak English!! haha but that is ok. He is a hard worker and very kind. Oh, one more thing I learned that I love is that anyone can live heroically and successful for one day. But the people who make that a daily thing and always strive for that are the people we should be like.
Lastly, hope you are all doing well. You are always in my prayers.
Elder Spinder, "...please pray for me and Elder Fairbourn...Pray that he can
feel good and get along with his [new] companion and that I can
be good enough to be a zone leader and meet up to God's expectations..." 1/13/2015
*I have a feeling that these two will be friends for life. Thank you Elder Spinder for the love and care you have shown to our son. We are forever grateful and love you.



No comments:
Post a Comment