hey mom!
yes he stole my diabetes stuff. the insulin was almost out so thats good. if you can, send another blood tester. i have one but its good to always have an extra:) everything you mentioned for elder salvador is perfect! i love that man so much! im leaving the office the day after my birthday[August 21] to ´die´ [finish] in the field haha. i hope i go to peñaflor.
well, a few days ago i wrote you the spiritual part of the week. now i have a funny story.
so the 5 minute walk we take every day from the office to our house, there are 2 dogs that are the devil! we get so sick of them! they just bark so hard and loud. but anyways, a few weeks ago i found a gatorade water bottle that squirts really well so what i did yesterday was so funny. i had it in my hand and we were walking past the dogs and they started barking and i squirted him in the face and he whined and got scared hahaahah we died laughing. so that is my new way to get them to shut up haha.
last night the other elders in our ward had a baptism. i love it when we get together with the ward. the people here are so great. ill be sad when i have to leave this place.
well mom i love you! i hope youre enjoying costco. i hope i work with you there when i get home! haha.
love you!
love colton
Colton's testimony to Brady before entering the MTC:
BRADY!
This is my chance to share my testimony with you. I remember being at home in
the same position you are in right now. Time goes by way too fast. I remember
that I was at the pulpit at our church giving my farewell talk and I started to
bear my testimony about the things I knew, and honestly, I didn’t really have
that strong of a testimony of Christ. I knew that I had to serve Him and go on
my mission, but other than that, I didn’t really have a strong testimony of
Him. Since then, and during my time on my mission, I have come to love our
Savior Jesus Christ more than I could have ever imagined. I cannot express to
you the love I have for Him, and all the times in my mission when I have felt
His love for me. I can tell you that it is absolutely possible to develop faith
in Christ and come to know and feel the Atonement in your life. I am so
thankful for what I have learned while I have been here in Chile, and I am so
thankful that you will also have the opportunity to strengthen your faith in
Him during your mission. I promise you that the only way to be truly happy is
by keeping His commandments with a sincere heart, and by doing His will in
every moment. I love the gospel because it makes so much sense. The five points
of Christ’s doctrine is so simple yet so powerful. I have come to know Him in
my mission, and I am eternally grateful for Him. During your mission Brady, you
have to remember why you are there. You have to make the conscious decision
daily to obey Him, and in return He will bless you and you will return home a
new man. Brady, I’m so proud of you. You have so much potential in life. I
really do look up to you and I am very anxious to read your emails each week
and see the progress you make. A huge lesson I have learned in my mission comes
from a very well-known scripture in Ether 12:27 that says: “And if men come
unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that
they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble
themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith
in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.” This scripture
has taken on a new meaning to me. I have come to know that I have many
weaknesses in my life and I have so many faults. But that is no reason to be
discouraged because Christ gives us weaknesses so that we put our faith in Him
and then He will help us to get over those weaknesses and become even stronger.
Brady, I know that your mission will be successful if you apply humility and
Christ-like love in EVERYTHING you do in every day. And over time, you will
become the man that God intended you to be. Brady, I have so much faith in you,
and our family has so much faith in you. Mom and Dad have done everything for
us, and I hope you realize how blessed our family is. Please serve your mission
with everything you have, because it will change the rest of your life and the
future of the family that you will have one day. And know that I love you so
much and I that I have no doubt that Christ lives, and that He has prophets in
the world today. I cannot express in words how thankful I am that God loves me
and loves all of us. I have felt His love in such a clear way that I cannot nor
will I ever deny it. In your mission, you will pass for some of the hardest
challenges of your life, but you never have to be discouraged about that. Just
keep having hope that everything is going to turn out good in the end. God did
not send us here to fail. He did not call you to serve Him to fail. He sent us
here to succeed. I have all the faith in the world that you will do and be
everything you need to be. Brady, I love you and I hope you always know that.
Keep the faith and be the best and most humble representative of Jesus Christ
that you can be.
Love,
Colton


No comments:
Post a Comment