Hello Family!!
Another Saturday has come and really soon itll be gone. This week big changes happened in the mission. Elder decker is gone:( and that really is a big difference. Im head pensionist now and its so much responsibility. Elder manning is my new companion! He is from payson! And he has one change less than me. He is great. A very organized chill dude. We were organizing our house this morning and he is a machine haha. Our week has been so busy. We haven’t had hardly anytime to go out and teach people which is sad. Week 1 of changes is always crazy. At the same time I really like week 1 because we receive the new missionaries and have a lunch with them in presidents house and then we give a little presentation about houses and other things. We also got to go to the airport this week to take all the dead people there haha. [missionaries heading home] It was the weirdest feeling being there! That night we only slept 1 hour bc we had to stay up late setting all the things up for the greenies that showed up on Tuesday and then we woke up at 3am to take 6 latinos to their flights. I drove and it was great bc there was nobody on the road.
On Friday we had a mission meeting and it was such a great meeting. President Barreiros at the end was at the pulpit and saying a lot of great things and then he started to bear his testimony about a lot of things and talked about how important it was to stay faithful and keep Gods commandments. It was a really cool but sad moment bc I imagine how he feels in his last month as our mission president. He and his wife have done such a great job at their calling. The mission has changed completely since he has been here. Im really happy to have him as my MP. There is going to be a lot to do to prepare for him leaving and for Presidente Woodward that comes july 1. But it will all be good. Im excited for everything.
BRADY, I totally forgot to write happy birthday last week! Im an idiot. I woke up and looked at my watch and immediately thought of you on june 2! I hope you had a great birthday and enjoyed turning 18. I cant believe you are leaving on your mission in 1 month!!! And I get home in 4 months. Sounds like brady abby and sadie are doing great!! i love you all so much!! i had a very vivid dream last night that i came home and saw you and dad and just hugged you both for a long time. it was a good dream:) haha. i miss you a lot! thanks for always writing me:)
Everything is going great in my mission. Some days are so stressful, but no worries :). I have been thinking a lot this week about trials and hard things that we all go through. And honestly, every good and bad thing that has happened in my mission has shaped me into who I am right now. I think all of us are in constant need of change and improvement. We all fall short on something and we all need Christs Atonement every day of our lives. Im really thankful for the hard things I have gone through because it has made me rely on our Savior and has increased my faith and love for Him. I hope all of you use your weaknesses and trials as opportunities to humble yourself and have a deeper appreciation for our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves us, and that understanding is the most important thing to understand above anything else. I love you guys! Hope you are all doing great and enjoying summerJ I love my family!
Love colton

No comments:
Post a Comment