Monday, May 30, 2016

Week #84, May 28, 2016

Hello family :) this week has been a great one. Im sure you already saw pictures from Rodrigo, yesterday Camila got baptized!! It was so great. And what was cool was there were a ton of people there to support her! She has changed so much in the last couple months. Her testimony is really strong. Ok funny story, so in their house, sometimes there is a lot of yelling and arguing. And so a few weeks ago elder decker and I decided to teach them the song ¨love one another¨. Ha and they all know it by heart. So of course to start the baptism service, we started with the song Amad a otros. It was great! I kept looking at rodrigos mom and emphasizing the LOVE ONE ANOTHER hahaha. Elder Prisbrey, Allen, and Pederson also got permission from president to come to the baptism so we got to see them last night and then they later spent the night in our pension. Haha it was great.


I cant believe elder decker is dying. [ending his 2 year mission]. This week we haven’t been with each other much because he keeps having these activities of the dying missionaries. So ive basically had to be the head pensionist and figure out a bunch of stuff. It was kinda stressful but I think everything's gonna be ok! Oh man something happened this week that almost made me throw up. Ok so we found a bag of sunflower seeds in our pension and they are great! So we put them in the truck and I eat the seeds while we are driving. Its relaxing haha. But anyways, I have a cup that I spit them all into. It was there for a few days. And just the other day I had to run an errand with elder serrano to get something for the mission. And we were in stop and go traffic and I was super bored so without thinking I put my hand into the cup with the shells of the sunflower seeds and OH MY GOSH I felt this nasty big loogie in there! I freaked out. And then later when I was with elder decker I asked him, did you spit in my cup in the truck?? And he was like, yeah why? Haha so, so, so nasty. I wanted to cut my hand off. So I guess the lesson is don’t put your hand into a cup of sunflower seed shells when you're bored.
I continue to find the coolest things in the book of Mormon. Today was amazing. I was reading Jacob 6. Jacob is the man. He says things the way they are I love it. And I read verse 5 that says ¨Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I beseech of you in words of soberness that ye would repent, and come with full purpose of heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you. And while his arm of mercy is extended towards you in the light of the day, harden not your hearts.¨ its really great to know that God cleaves unto us because we are His children. I know that anyone that goes to sincerely look for Gods love, will find it. I have absolutely felt His love many times during my mission. And anyone that says that they have looked and didn’t feel anything, did it without real intent. To quote elder Hollands last talk: the first great commandment above all is to love God with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. But the first great truth above all is that God loves US with all His heart, might, mind, and strength. Love is the most important factor there is. The more we understand Gods love for us, the more we will want to serve Him and obey Him. It goes the same with families. If a child understands how much his parents love him, he will do everything to live his life and do the right things to show his love for his parents. Mom and Dad, I love you so much and Im grateful that you have always done everything for me. Hope everything is going great at home!
Have a great week:)
Love colton

​beautiful sunset from the other day!!​




Camila, Elder Decker, Dominique, Rodrigo, and Me

at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment