Saturday, April 30, 2016

Week #80 April 30, 2016

ha i woke up at 12 am to wish my buddy [Elder Decker] a happy birthday, 
hahahah i think he was a little tired hahah


Hello mother and father!!:)) 

im so excited to see [skype] all of you next Sunday!!!!! Its going to be great! All of us in the office are stoked haha. Im going to meet elder deckers family and you guys are going to meet him!! Our week has been great!

So the other day president asked us to do a favor and take a woman to her work and then some missionaries to their sector. And then he handed us HIS keys to HIS car! Im pretty sure his car is optimus primes' cousin. We seriously felt like we were in a transformer hahaha. Elder decker had the privilege of driving it. Ha and something funny happened while we were out, pres told us to go get gas so we went and did it but after it was filled up all the way, his credit card didn’t work! We were kinda freaking out haha but in the end it was paid. And its so funny here in chile bc there are hired workers that fill up your gas for you. And they are ALWAYS from Haiti. Those people are very, very kind and I love it every time we get a chance to talk with them. They are very humble and they are always so happy and respectful. I always say SAC PASÉ! And then they say back NaBulé! That’s how you say hi how are you, good im fine in creole.

This week elder decker and I listened to a great devotional talk given by elder neil L Anderson about honesty. It was so so so great. I have been thinking about that subject a lot lately. Honesty is so important. I think its probably the most important attribute someone can have. I was thinking about all the different people in my life that I look up to, and every one of them is honest. I love being comps with elder decker, we have great discussions about life and a million other things haha.

WE HAVE ENOUGH BOXES OF THE BOOK OF MORMON 
TO GIVE ONE TO THE WHOLE POPULATION OF CHINA

The other day we got a order of 60 BOXES OF BOOK OF MORMONS. That is insane how many copies of the book of Mormon we have right now. Its about 3000. And it was so cool because the other day we were finding a place to put them all and store them well, and then president barreiros was there and helped us put them away haha. But then after that he had something really interesting to say, he said that when joseph smith started with the printing of the book of Mormon, he only had 3000 copies, and then he said look at this. We have right here 3000 copies. The church has grown so much. And then he shared a scripture from 2 nephi 28 where it talks about the Lord teaches us line upon line, and precept upon precept. Here a little and there a little. I think that is one of my favorite scriptures. 
30. For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him thatreceiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.

He then said that everything that has been accomplished in his time here in chile is because of the Lord. God told him what to do just a little bit at a time. And he said that when we obey the little things that God gives us, he then gives us more and then more is accomplished. I love that truth. Little by little, God molds and shapes us and helps us change and grow into what we were meant to be. And if we are honest people, that whole process happens a lot easier. I think that is something everyone should do, reflect in your own mind ´how honest am I?'

I love you mom and Dad!!! You 2 are the best examples I have and I really would be nowhere if it weren’t for you two. You are the greatest parents and your calling to be parents is inspired from God. Im thankful for you both.
Love Colton

Left: this is probably the coolest picture ive ever seen in my life
(2,000 Stripling Warriers with the Second Coming of Christ)

Right: elder decker turned 21 yesterday so we went to a great peruvian restaurant el aji seco!!
they sang to him hahah and gave him cake! great times

No comments:

Post a Comment