I had an awesome week! So much happened, I crashed my bike into Elder Spinder, haha that was funny. I'm ok, and a little girl drenched me with a water gun. I was so mad ha. At church we had our testimony meeting and it was really good. An old man died last Friday and his funeral was on Sunday so church wasn't until 5pm. We have been biking everywhere and both of us are so sore right now. It's ridiculous! I have been reading a lot in the Book of Mormon in Spanish and haha, actually it's not a lot. It just takes me a long time to understand everything but its really good. My comp [Elder Spinder] taught me a new way to mark scriptures and its really cool but really complicated and I can't explain it right now, haha. So we invited these 2 people [Tapia family] to church and so yesterday we went to pick them up and when we got there they just told us no, It was super frustrating! I've noticed that the hardest thing isn't to get people to believe something is true, but to actually do something about it. So many people commit to do something and almost every time after, they have an excuse of why they couldn't get it done. It's so ridiculous! But we have to be patient and loving. Something Elder Spinder told me that I like was that we have to accept that a lot of people are going to reject us and not keep commitments because when Christ was on the earth, the people did that to Him and He was the greatest teacher and example possible.
[Moving on to a less serious topic....no explanation on the blue tongue photos, just two Elders having fun.]
So I have an embarrassing story. We went to talk to this woman and see how she was doing. Elder Spinder didn't say anything, I asked if she would like a picture of Christ and I started to say stuff about Him and our church and she was ignoring me. Then there was a super long pause. I didn't know what to say. It was so awkward. I felt like an idiot. haha but that's ok. Hey mom, I'm going to print this off and read it because I don't have a lot of time, but i am doing very well and everything is great! I got blood tests in the hospital and this week I should be getting my prescription for insulin. I'm so thankful for you mom and dad and our family and hope you guys are doing well!
Dogs are everywhere.



No comments:
Post a Comment