Mama hey! Yeah Christmas was amazing. That was the best one I've ever had. I'm so glad I got to talk to our family and Bailey! It was perfect. And oh man, I cry too much. What is happening to me? hahaha That was great though. So yeah we had actually like a 1 hour bike ride to Chiaihue! It was awesome though. It's beautiful there and all the people there were so nice. We were teaching these two people and the spirit was really, really strong. 
3. Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yeah, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.
4. And thus did the Spirit of the Lord work upon them, for they were the very vilest of sinners. And the Lord saw fit in his infinite mercy to spare them nevertheless they suffered much anguish of soul because of their iniquities, suffering much and fearing that they should be cast off forever.")
.....in the beginning and told them why we were there. We want every person to hear the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. After like 15 minutes Elder Spinder asked if they would be baptized on January 28 and they both said yes. It was really cool. It was crazy. I could understand so much! When we left, Elder Spinder said I spoke way better than usual hahah. So that's good.
[Elder Spinder said when they went to Chaiaihue, they visited a really cool family, the Taipa family. Only the mom and the 18 year old son were there and they had a lot of questions. He says, "the spirit was SUPER strong the entire time. We knew what to say and how and Elder Fairbourn's Spanish was REALLY good, like he said he didn't even have to think." Afterwards, Elder S. invited them to get baptized.]
I'm doing really good though! I'm just trying to enjoy every day that I have and just learn as much as I can. Ha...2 days ago our neighbors stayed up til like 3 in the morning dancing and laughing and just being super loud. I slept through everything but Elder Spinder didn't sleep at all! hahaha. So last night he took a NyQuil and right now he is so tired. For lunch today we ate a thing called a chorrillana. [A typical Chilean dish consisting of a plate of French fries topped with beef sliced into strips, eggs, fried onions and occasionally sausage]. It's soooo big! I'll send a picture. Oh and yesterday, we went to a place called Paico Alto. It's so pretty. It's surrounded by mountains and big fields and a golf course! We taught this guy the restoration and about Joseph Smith and the Book Of Mormon. He was very receptive and understood everything. We think he might want to be baptized but we're not sure yet. He always tells us we are mejores personas, haha - great people. Ha, It's easy to get people to like you. You just say, Hola really happy and give them a big hug and laugh with them, haha. He's a cool guy.
I got my hair cut today and I think I look retarded. I just sat down and said 2 on the sides and longer on top. Yeah, I think it looks bad but oh well. Mom, go watch Mormon messages. They're so great! We watch them at home and eat Top Ramen. It's a good time. Again, Christmas was amazing and I was so glad to see everyone and talk with them! I love my family. Love ya mom, have a good new year!
Oh, last thing. Ever woman that sees our family picture says you are really young and beautiful and that I look older than you. It's funny. hahaha. Until next week!
Christmas day 12/25/14, waiting for our missionary to Skype!
We were on pins and needles waiting for Colton to call us on Christmas day. When he called, he looked so handsome, so happy, and a bit nervous. It was AMAZING!!! We all talked together, then each of us talked to him individually. We started with Sadie. After talking a few minutes she just started crying, and that is when it all started! He then talked with Abby. He asked her how the boys were treating her and said if any boys were mistreating her he would fly home to beat them up. That made her tear up, then all of us. Then it was Brady's turn. Colton told him how much he missed him and that when he gets back, Brady will be gone. He said he looks forward for the time when they can 'hang out.' Colton, through happy tears said, "I just want to tell you that gaining a testimony is so important. It's the most important thing. My testimony has grown so much, Brady. I want you to have a strong testimony too, k? It's like the simple little things like reading your scriptures. I love you, Brady." I wish I recorded all of it, but that was one of the sweetest moments of the conversation.
I am so proud of our son for leaving everything behind and on hold to serve a full time mission. He is teaching others about the gospel of Jesus Christ and growing so close to the Savior. He is the same person, but growing into the man Heavenly Father wants him to be. He said a few times on our call, "I'm not crying because I'm sad, I'm crying because I'm happy" and "the only thing that matters is family and the gospel." I know he also means dear, dear friends in the word family. It was the best Christmas we all have ever had. I love my family. -Mom (Tina)


No comments:
Post a Comment