Monday, December 15, 2014

Week #8 El Monte Chile

Hey mom! 

Man this week went by so fast! I already had an appointment with a doctor.  I’m getting my stuff refilled like next week I think. He’s a nice guy! It was funny he told me the pulses in my feet were really good because we ride our bikes everywhere haha. Now I weigh 92 kilos instead of 98! So that’s good. Ok i wrote a bunch of stuff down so I’m going to say it.  In a lesson this guy asked me to pray and while I was praying he was repeating these weird phrases!! He was so weird and he wouldn’t let us talk. Elder Spinder was getting frustrated and so when he said the closing prayer he said the longest one he could so the guy ran out of stuff to say, it was funny. I was just so confused. That’s like my day everyday haha. I wake up and get ready and study and then we go out and I have no idea what I’m doing. I just smile and say, “hola” and “yo testifico”..... or, “yo sé”..... haha. Yesterday was better though! We were eating at this family´s house the dad isn’t a member and I was talking to him for awhile and shared 2 nefi 33 verse 10 and 11 and told him I know the Book of Mormon is absolutely true! I felt the spirit so strong saying that. I KNOW that the Book of Mormon  is true. ´It teaches men to do good´ I love that.

Ha, wanna hear a funny story?  I bought this huge bottle of water and was so excited to drink it.  At home I opened it and it was carbonated water! I was so sad. It is sooo disgusting haha. ha Also, Elder Spinder made me try Mate, that weird drink they have down here. It is so nasty! I hate it. I don’t know how people drink it. He and I learned how to change a bike tire last week lol. Our bikes are terrible and we have to fix them like every day. But está bien! hahah. We eat lunch with different members everyday and I don’t know, they look at me and i guess they expect me to eat a lot and after every lunch they always comment how I didn’t eat a lot! I’m sick of it! haha I can’t eat so much here.  It’s weird. Oh and one day this woman fed us like squash casserole something and I threw it up in my mouth but still had to swallow it! It was so bad haha.


There are a lot of fleas in our beds! I have flea bites everywhere and they itch so bad! That sounds so gross huh? Oh hey, that General Conference magazine is my best friend right now. I read it every day and it’s so awesome! We really have so much to learn from General Conference.  I didn’t even realize it when we watched it! Every talk is so good and powerful and so applicable! I think it’s good I was called to a Spanish speaking mission. Ha, I have a story about why. So last night a member had an  English set and I opened it and was reading it and I wished so bad I could read them in my language! So after my mission I’ll study them every day and just learn. Learning is awesome I love learning things! Anyways, love you mom! Have a great week and I’ll let you know for sure what day and time! Also, I miss our family a lot but it’s ok I’m doing the right thing. I hope I come back changed and with a really powerful testimony of my Savior. Love you!

Attempting "I LOVE YOU" hand signs.
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment