President and Sister Barreiros
with
Elder Fairbourn & Elder Spinder
Hola mi familia! I am here in the mission home right now writing this letter. I am not able to get on a computer, they are scanning this I think. Everything is great. The CCM was so great. On Thursday I got a contact! Other missionaries are going to his house this week. His name is Jose L. That was on Thanksgiving. I was so, so, so happy! I learned something yesterday that I absolutely love. "If you lower your expectations, your effectiveness will decrease." I have so many expectations for myself. I will serve God with all my heart, might, mind and strength. Este es mi tiempo. Ahora. President Benson said, "when obedience ceases to be our irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power." That isn't just for a mission, that's for our lives. I am very happy to be here. So happy. And my testimony is growing so much. I constantly think about my purpose here and what my potential is. Spanish is getting there. I know a bunch of words, but speaking smooth and fast is so hard. But what really matters is the spirit. That is the teacher. Have a great week and happy December! I'm in a warm climate right now hahah. I.L.Y.
-Love Elder Fairbourn
Elder Fairbourn with his new companion and trainer, Elder Spinder
Tender mercies about this change:
*After posting the picture on the right, a friend recognized Colton's companion immediately!
Come to find out, his family moved in across the street from my parents where I grew up after I left for college!
*His mom and I connected through social media!
*We only live 20 minutes away from each other!
*He will be looking out for our son!
*As their moms', we will look out for each other!
*Both missionary moms are meeting for lunch next week!
*I made a Christmas stocking for this unknown missionary!
*His mom made a Christmas stocking for my son!
*They will serve for 12 weeks together!
Insert scream here!!!
Dear Brother and Sister Fairbourn,
Sister Barreiros and I were pleased to welcome your son, Elder Fairbourn, to one of the finest missions in the world, the Chile Santiago West Mission. He is well and happy, and we are impressed with his enthusiasm for the work. After greeting him at the MTC and a brief tour of the beautiful city of Santiago, we arrived at our mission home. We had a delicious lunch together. Afterward, we went to the mission office which is the Stake Center of Maipú. I interviewed your son. My Assistants and office missionaries then gave him a brief orientation of the mission. He met his new companion, and they departed for his first area of labor!
Sister Barreiros and I were pleased to welcome your son, Elder Fairbourn, to one of the finest missions in the world, the Chile Santiago West Mission. He is well and happy, and we are impressed with his enthusiasm for the work. After greeting him at the MTC and a brief tour of the beautiful city of Santiago, we arrived at our mission home. We had a delicious lunch together. Afterward, we went to the mission office which is the Stake Center of Maipú. I interviewed your son. My Assistants and office missionaries then gave him a brief orientation of the mission. He met his new companion, and they departed for his first area of labor!
Elder Fairbourn has been assigned to work with Elder Spinder, who will serve as his training companion. Trainers are chosen for their competence, patience and dedication, and are selected after prayerful consideration. With this letter we are including a photograph taken of your son and his new companion with Sister Barreiros and myself.
Please accept our deep appreciation for raising such a fine son. We feel a genuine fellowship with you in supporting and providing him this opportunity to grow spiritually as he labors to bring souls unto Christ. It is my prayer that the Lord will inspire us all to sustain him in this challenging assignment. Please write him frequently, weekly if possible. Express your love, support, and confidence in him. You will witness miraculous changes in his life as he engages fully in the service of others.
Being parents ourselves, we understand your desire to occasionally send packages. For your information, packages sent to your missionary through FedEx often require large duty fees which must be paid by the missionary. Those sent through Global priority mail, marked missionary supplies and valued less than $100 usually arrive duty free and within 2 weeks.
If you have any questions or if we can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to write.
Sincerely,
President Jose A. Barreiros
Chile Santiago West Mission



No comments:
Post a Comment