Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Week 4 at the Santiago CCM (MTC)

11/18/2014

Hey Mom!
Wow I cannot believe its so cold there! That sucks, haha.  Down in Santiago it's so nice and warm, I love it. I had a very hard week during the week. I decided to fast on Saturday.  It was the weirdest thing, like there was no question that that's what I needed to do. So I didn't eat dinner Saturday night...don't get mad but I ended up fasting for 26 hours! No food or water or any low or high blood sugars. That is a big tender mercy from Heavenly Father. I have grown a lot closer to Him this week. I've just had my doubts about if I can be successful here and if He is proud of me. Sunday morning during a devotional talk from Elder Holland, I felt the spirit so strong. I wish I was better at writing to tell you how much my testimony has grown in the short time I have been here. I've had a lot of good feelings ever since Sunday. Something that I haven't thought a lot about before is the reason we are here on this earth. The most important thing for us is to have an eternal family and make it back to God. No worldly desire or trial should get in the way of that.  Missionary work is completely necessary because the whole world needs to know that we all have an eternal Father who sent us here. Something that helps me to have love for everyone is imagine what they were like in the premortal world. Every person in the world followed Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father and chose to come here. And no one is perfect. I am definitely not perfect. Since being here I have really come to love the sacrament. I think a lot of us kind of forget, or just not think too much on what that really is. Renewing our baptismal covenant is so important and every single person needs the Atonement. Every single day I pray for forgiveness. My testimony of fasting increased a lot and it actually wasn't that hard. I was ´spiritually fed´ and it helped me and I didn't really even notice I was hungry.
Being a district leader is great! I think I was called to this position to help me be more focused and diligent. because I have to set the example for my district. I am very blessed to be able to serve.
My diabetes is going SO WELL. I am like 90 to 130 almost always. I really believe God is strengthening me just like it was promised in my patriarchal blessing. Not too many lows, I'm doing good.
I check the mail every single day and no letters!! haha its all good, I'm doing fine. I think about home a lot but then that motivates me to work harder. Before my mission I thought a mission would be ´working hard physically´ but I have found out that a hard working missionary is one who serves with his whole heart as well. That scripture where it says, "Serve the Lord with all your heart, might, mind and strength," really gets me. I KNOW that the work I put in here on my mission will impact the rest of my life and my family´s life. Elder Holland is absolutely amazing. I'll be honest, I cried haha. I'm sending pictures of my notes from his 2 talks we watched. 
Sadie, I am so proud of you. keep reading the scriptures! I love them. This morning I read in Alma about how Moroni is the leader of an army to protect their families, their liberty, and their freedoms from Zarahemna and the Lamanites. It's very powerful.
I love all you guys and you are in my prayers! :)
Love, Elder Colton Fairbourn

No comments:

Post a Comment