Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Week #2 at the CCM (MTC) in Santiago Chile


November 4, 2014

Hey Mom!  So good to hear from you!


Q: What did you do for Fast Sunday, did you have food around?
I fasted for 2 meals!  I think Heavenly Father helps me because usually I couldn't do that but I did have a backup meal just in case. (Colton is a Type 1 diabetic and can not go without food for very long).

Q:What day is your P-day?
Tuesday!  I just go the grocery store and buy Gatorade and little candies haha!  (* for low blood sugars)  We walk around and smile and say hi because we don't know how to understand people, haha!

Q: Have you gone inside of the temple?  How often wil you get to go?
I go 3 times every other week!  The temple is amazing and I feel like I am back at home in there.  It's such a great experience.

Q: Are you eating well and do you like the food?  (our pickiest eater has become our best eater!)
Haha. So true.  I will eat almost anything.  I make sandwiches a lot with the meals, it's fun.  I drink a lot of Orange Fanta because they serve it every meal.  I am 95 kilos so whatever that translates to haha.  The food kind of gets old, but I like it.

Q Is everything in Spanish?
A lot of Spanish, yes.  We are really trying to learn and speak it, but there are English lessons and stuff.  The days are long and they seem to go forever but I'm just being positive and happy.  It's weird.  2 weeks have gone by so fast though!

Q: How often do you get to go outside?
We are outside a lot!  We take breaks every other hour about for 10 minutes.  It's either a 'let's walk around the temple break,' or a 'lets sit on the couch and cuddle break' haha!  Sleep is heaven but I dont' get a lot of it.  It's ok because mi vida esta buena!  haha funny story.  There is a whiteboard in our dorm and the first day I wrote 'la vida el bien'  hahahahah I am an idiot.  Dad can explain why.  The Latino Elder made fun of me but I am leaning a lot of Spanish!

Q: Have you explored outside of the CCM (MTC) yet?
Yeah, not too much though.  We walk about a half a mile south to the grocery store and check out some little shops... no one smiles, it's weird.  Elder Curtis say, "Hola" to everyone and they all ignore him and we just make fun of him.  hahahahah!

I haven’t met my mission pres yet! There are MTC presidents but I don’t think they do that.(take pictures with the missionaries), maybe when I leave or something.  Btw, your emails are really organized and easy to follow, I love it! That’s too bad about the cold weather.  I hate cold weather. Haha! Yeah it’s nice here. The thing that has really stuck with me is ´no witness until after the trial of your faith.´ I get down on myself sometimes during the day and I feel like I won’t learn Spanish or understand it and I get sad. But then I pray and use faith and humility, I am happy! The way I described that sounds so easy.  But no, it takes a lot of prayer and faith and lots of constant happy thoughts. Haha! I am happy a lot though. My companions and I have the best time. We have pillow talk hahah, where we lay in our beds and talk about life and experiences and it is so fun.  Yesterday, I dropped the iron and almost landed on my foot! I freaked out so bad. I sing in the shower really loud and we have all these jokes we say. We all make fun of Elder Porter because he says I love you to everyone and everything haha. I teach every Sunday to my district and it’s a good experience every week. Ok I’m going to stop now so I can email pics. Love you mom! I pray for our family individually every day. Have a great week! Love, Colton


"I fasted for two meals! I think Heavenly Father helps me because usually I couldn't do that but I did have a back up meal just in case."  (sounds funny, but he is diabetic and normally can't go without food for very long).

What is fasting?