Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week #1 He made it to Santiago, Chile!


He is healthy and happy!!!

Roomates: Lt. to Rt.  Elder Leordscher, Elder Curtis, Elder Fairbourn, Elder Porter

"All four of us laugh a lot.  It's crazy how already we are close!  Our room always stinks...lol and we laugh a lot.... I have so many strong testimony building experiences.  Last night I prayed for 20 minutes without meaning to.  The power of prayer is so cool.  Feeling the spirit is my favorite thing."



First companion, Elder Leordscher

1st day in Chile, October 22, 2014

MOM! I love you. I don't have a lot of time but I am ok and everything is good. My p day is next Wednesday so I will email you more then. The plane was good. Talk to you later! love Elder Colton Fairbourn

1st week in Chile, October 28, 2014

Hey mom!! So first off its hard to capitalize so I'm sorry. these computers are different. Second, I'll just email you and then just put this email on the blog. I don't care I have no secrets or shame haha. This is pretty awesome being here. I guess I'll answer your questions and then write stuff after that, and also I only really have time to write you, Bailey and maybe one more so maybe tell the other people I really appreciate the love and support I just don't get a lot of time in the MTC. Ok now the questions

The plane to Atlanta was kinda annoying! I sat next to a  ...woman that didn't want to talk, she was weird. Her and this guy got in an argument, it was awkward. I imagined myself getting between them as if they were going to fight haha. The plane to Chile was awesome though. The flight attendant gave me a lot of food and I had plenty of room, nobody sat next to me. When we got off I was with Elder Curtis and getting our bags. I got all of them and everything is here and safe. Some kid lost his bag and had to wait a couple days to get it haha. When we got to the MTC we memorized the missionary objective. I'll type it right now. Invitar a las personas a veni a cristo al ayudarlas a que reciban el evengelio restaurado mediante la fe en Jesucristo y su expiacón, el arripentimiento, el bautismo, la recepión del don del espíritu santo y el perseverar hast el fin. It's awesome.  I love that I memorized that. Invite others to come unto to Christ. I feel the spirit a lot.  I love to feel the spirit, it is my favorite thing :)
That book made me so happy! I absolutely love it. I did not have time to read it all yet but I will.   Our families testimonies were awesome :) Sharon and her family were so sweet please tell them, I love the Mardesich's. Bailey and Kodi´s were great. I loved reading yours and dads I felt the spirit reading them. I'll try and read them all by next week. the pictures are awesome!
Ok so I am in a room with 3 companions. Mine is Elder Leordscher (Lurcher) he reminds me a lot of Sterling haha. He is a little different than me but we are getting along good.from Taylorsville High 
School.  He was a swimmer, actor and singer. Elder Curtis from East High, SLC.  He is sooo chill and all four of us laugh a lot. It's crazy how already we are close! Curtis reminds me of a mix between Tommy Boy and Seth Rogen.  It's hilarious. Elder Porter from Ohio is tall and skinny and acts like Will Ferrell. We have good times. Our room always stinks.....lol and we laugh a lot. but don't worry I have had so many strong testimony building experiences. Last night I prayed for 20 minutes without meaning to. The power of prayer is so cool. Feeling the spirit is my favorite thing. I am the district leader over 10 people! I was surprised it was me but its cool. I lead stuff and teach Sunday School. on Sunday our lesson was obedience and diligence. It got kinda emotional the spirit was so strong! The 2 sisters were crying a lot and the 8 guys a little bit, haha.
Ok gotta hurry, diabetes is going very well. I am taking such good care of myself. I've been high twice. I am very happy and overwhelmed at the same time. Sometimes I am so confident and feel like everything is perfect but then Satan is trying so hard to tempt me and feel sad and homesick and feel like I'll never learn the language. I have everything and my insulin is in the fridge. We are so busy constantly and its sometimes hard to stay awake during class. But I prayed that I could pay attention so I could learn the language for the people of Chile, Not for me. I am trying to be humble and charitable and good to everyone and have a positive attitude. Mom, I love you and I think about my family everyday. Hope you guys are doing good. Can't wait til next week! Also I'm gonna try and email pics but idk if i know how.....I'll try. 
love you, 
love Elder Fairbourn




No comments:

Post a Comment